The role of the supervisor/manager is arguably one of the most important tasks in any business. Achieving high levels of commitment and motivation from front line staff as well as meeting the needs of your patients and your managers at the same time is pivotal if the GP Practice/Medical Centre is to achieve success.
- Identifying the skills and attributes a supervisor/manager needs to bring to the GP Practice/Medical Centre
- Understanding the role of the supervisor/manager in the practice
- The qualities of managers and the differing leadership styles recognising your own
- Adapting your leadership style to suit your practice team
- Managing friends in the workplace and your relationships with your practice manager, GPs, receptionists, medical secretaries and other work colleagues
- Maximising your relationship with your practice manager and GPs
- Identifying what motivates staff in the GP practice
- Recognising effective methods of communication to motivate and maintain engagement in your team and throughout the GP practice
- Managing vs doing – getting the balance right in a busy GP practice
- Effective delegation techniques, time management and meeting skills
Experienced trainer in delivering into GP Practices and has worked in the NHS for many years and therefore, appreciates the challenges being faced on a daily basis by your team. Mike, our lead trainer has an excellent reputation in running training sessions that have a high level of interaction with those attending and keeping the training relevant to those attending and your GP practice. PowerPoint is not used in these sessions unless you are planning to run the training for a larger group of 10 or more.
What our clients say?
- I feel confident I can make better decisions and have a more professional and focused approach as a result of the training
- I have greater confidence in how to approach and deal with time management issues of my staff in the practice
- I plant to concentrate more on my body language as well as working more closely with staff in the practice
- I will approach meeting conversations more diplomatically
- Very enjoyable and informative
- Trainer really went into depth, explaining all the relevant theories and practices fully
Preferential rates for in-practice five hour training session:
£750 plus vat & travel costs (if applicable)
Supporting training materials for upto 3 people – more can be accommodated at a rate of £50 plus vat per person
Tailoring to your GP practice/Medical Centre
Expert trainer (NHS experienced)
Stationery and certificates
Suggested 9.30 pm to 4.30 pm with a break for lunch or a working lunch
Larger groups can be accommodated – please email or call us below to discuss your requirements in more detail.
Check your preferred dates by:
T: 01423 861122.