The training includes the importance of self-worth and how that is communicated, the benefits of taking control of their attitude and directing it, how to create a good first impression and behave in a more confident manner, how to communicate in the right way in all situations, knowing when assertiveness is appropriate and be able to apply it effectively and how to apply a positive approach and image when working with others.
Course can be delivered via Zoom, in-house or at another location to suit.
- Know what a confident total image and why is it important.
- Understand about image and to be able to project it personally and for the GP Practice/Medical Centre?
- Communicate in verbal and non-verbal ways and the importance of congruency in dress, verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Deal with the barriers to communicating effectively, develop active listening skills and to take control of the communication process.
- Know the importance of self-esteem and realise that our actions are invariably habit based, which are derived from our values and beliefs.
- Being able to say ‘no’ or `I can’t’ in the correct way without feeling guilty and reducing the difficult conversations with your patients.
- Using assertiveness in difficult situations and choosing your approach.
- See the benefits of constructive feedback and how this helps you to continue to improve and learn.
- Knowing how to gain co-operation and commitment from others.
Experienced trainer in delivering into GP Practices and has worked in the NHS for many years and therefore, appreciates the challenges being faced on a daily basis by your team. Mike, our lead trainer has an excellent reputation in running training sessions that have a high level of interaction with those attending and keeping the training relevant to those attending and your GP practice. PowerPoint is not used in these sessions unless you are planning to run the training for a larger group of 10 or more.
What our clients say?
- Helped to raise my confidence and self-worth
- Very informal, friendly and helpful
- Really helped me realise the importance of putting myself first and to recognise I am important
- Raise my confidence in gaining clarity from my manager
- I am now able to make my points more clearer to other people and be more assertive
- Excellent Training received and materials given on the day – this training has helped to build my confidence and enable me to be more effective when communicating with my managers
- Really enjoyed this course – found it very useful and will use the strategies learnt in my current role
Preferential rates for in-practice three hour training session:
£575 plus vat & travel costs (if applicable)
Supporting training materials for upto 10 people
Tailoring to your GP Practice/Medical Centre
Expert trainer (NHS experienced)
Stationery and certificates
Suggested 1 – 4 pm
Larger groups can be accommodated – please email or call us below to discuss your requirements in more detail.
Check your preferred dates by:
T: 01423 861122.